This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This web site reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Type of Product
- Interactive activity
Language Skills Developed
• General aims: This resource features an interactive cloze test - testing knowledge of terms associated with the topic 'Plastic World'.
• Linguistic aims: to review the keywords from the video lesson and to reinforce the terminology. It also gives practice in sentence construction. Cloze tests are much more efficient for learning vocabulary because the student is exposed to multiple words at once. To answer ae question correctly, they will need to understand each word in the sentence – what it means, how it relates to the other words, and how it’s affected by context. This type of test also helps with learning grammar and construction of phrases and sentences.
• Subject specific aims: to reinforce the concepts covered in the Plastic world video.
• Target group age: 12 – 16 years
• Level of competence in English (CEFR): B1
• Time needed to be used with the students: students could complete this task in a short class period. It could also be a homework exercise.
• How to use it: Allow the students to fill in the missing words but also encourage them to read the sentences aloud. It will also reinforce some of the key concepts covered in the video.
Related Video Lessons