This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This web site reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Type of Product
Language Skills Developed
Transferable/Scientific Skills Developed
- The ability to extract key elements - Attention to detail - The ability to think quickly - The ability to make decision under pressure - Reading materials in a foreign language
• General aims
To sum up the topic or revise the topic: Proteins – chemical compounds in food
• Linguistic aims
- use proper grammar structures
-learn and use a specific vocabulary
• Subject specific aims
-Explain what the proteins are
- Give examples how to provide proteins for our bodies
• Target group age
• Level of competence in English (CEFR)
• Time required to use the resource with the students
• How to use it
It can be used as a way of repeating a new material or as a way to revise before the test.
Students can work in pairs or alone because it is a game and they can exchange their opinion and check if their answers are correct or not. They need to have a mobile with the internet connection. This game can be used as well as the conclusion of the lesson, students can check how much they remember and what vocabulary is too difficult for them and it gives feedback what they have to practice more. During the game they can repeat new vocabulary, and improve their knowledge about the topic. As it is a game it makes a lesson more interesting and the competition between students can motivate them in the positive way.
• Possible difficulties for the students
- Lack of vocabulary
- Lack of knowledge about the topic
• Strength - It is a game, so it is fun - A new method which is used to make a lesson more interesting - A possibility to use TIC • Weakness - It is difficult to find out if the correct answer which is marked by the student is done because of the knowledge or the good luck - Possibility of random answers • Scientific reliability -All pieces of information which are shown in the game are true, -the pictures used in the game are accurate, - a teacher can rely on this game. • Pedagogical value (e.g. collaborative learning, self–directed learning, peer assisted learning, etc) Deepens understanding - Collaborative learning - Adds fun to learning - Creates awareness - Repeating new vocabulary and new material
Related Video Lessons