This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
This web site reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Type of Product
- Multiple choice questionnaire
Language Skills Developed
Transferable/Scientific Skills Developed
Students will develop analytical skills, fast thinking skills, reading skills, reinforce their comprehension
Photosynthesis is a chemical reaction that takes place inside a plant, producing food for the plant to survive. Carbon dioxide, water and light are all needed for photosynthesis to take place. Photosynthesis happens in the leaves of a plant.
General aims: Students will develop an understanding about the environment around them and the processes that take place there
Subject specific aim: to explain the process of photosynthesis, learn the equation of photosynthesis.
- to listen English with ease
- to read English with ease
- to understand content
- to learn from written texts
- to enable students to understand topic correctly
- to translate words into the mother tongue using their own words.
This product is aimed at students of 16-18 years old.
Level of competence in English (CEFR): B1 +/B2
Time required to use the resource with the students: about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
How to use it: To provide students with a powerful framework for understanding the STEM concepts presented, this product includes extensive literacy elements. From questions to stimulate prior knowledge in the Pre-Reader to Checkpoints strategically placed in the readings to gauge comprehension. The goal is to assist the learning process. Included with nearly every Visionlearning module is a quiz that tests knowledge of the topic. The quizzes incorporate comprehension best practices to ensure students are learning the key elements presented. Because of that, product could be used as training material during the all lesson.
Possible difficulties for the students: students who have poor knowledge of English may have difficulties to understand the topic.
- Strength: Integration of biology, chemistry and physics subjects. Students deepens the knowledge of specific topic and surrounding environment. Students improve their English language skills. - Weakness: the text uses science as a professional language, so some words in English may be difficult for students to understand - Scientific reliability: The information is scientifically correct and reliable - Pedagogical value: detailed scientific text, important information for students in grades 11-12, clear graphics and pictures are provided. Enough information to learn the topic. Control questions are provided. Information can be read and listened to, more complex words explained in a dictionary. Strengthening of English language skills
Related Video Lessons